Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'...

Got myself sorted out with a new (for me) vehicle for a decent price and got something in decent condition, all things considered.





It's a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser wagon, now I know it doesn't look like much, but when I asked the owner if he thought it had a couple more years worth of life in it I got this reply:

my mom's uncle owned it. original buyer and everything. he is 85 now. when i got it (two years ago) it had 117 miles on it. ive driven it to south florida and back. to quote the great Han Solo- she may not look like much, but it she's got it where it counts. it's the goddamned millenium falcon. keep up with the oil and such and it's got another 10 left in it at least.
So I'm going to consider this a good deal and be happy with it.

It needed a hell of a lot less work than the alleged  van, a battery and oil change as opposed to a new brake system and rebuilt tranny, and thanks to the guy I got it from, it's been dubbed The Aluminum Falcon.

Besides, it's got a multi-port fuel injected V-6 in it and it runs like a striped ass ape.

I  just need to replace the radio now, gotta have some tunes when I'm driving.

1 comment:

  1. very nice! I have and '87 Cutlass Cruiser Oldsmobile myself in the olive green colour. I find them to just keep going for many years, new cars nowadays aren't made to last like these

    ReplyDelete