Thursday, June 23, 2011

Signs of life...

Somewhere in the dim recesses of an old abandoned factory floor a light snaps on, flickering fitfully for a moment before giving a low steady gleam...

In that yellow glimmer a figure can be seen moving about rummaging through tool boxes and bins, shifting the collected debris off various work benches, keeping things that would be useful and tossing the rest, working through the tasks one would expect of someone getting ready to do a job...

Time passes...

Work appears to be progressing, more lights are lit, casting their yellow/white glare over part of the factory floor, some of the machinery has been taken apart, pieces strewn over the various workbenches and sections of the floor, from somewhere in the back the sound of hammering rings out, the clatter of something metallic being dropped onto the cement floor, the squeal of rusted metal being coaxed into being cooperative, and, of all things, the sound of someone quietly whistling "Winter Wrap Up"...

13 comments:

  1. is this a darkman reference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a peek into the Armageddon Cab Company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see someone still remembers it...

    It has been a while, but no, this isn't really about the old cab company, this is just yet another in a long line of failed attempts to get something going here again.

    I gave up, maybe I didn't even try that hard to begin with, I don't know anymore.

    I no longer have either the energy nor the inclination to try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling. Truly. But you are a great writer and I'm confident that you will one day produce something of great significance. The cab company will never die with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt it, the inspiration and the energy just isn't there any more, it's long since gone.

    I do keep hoping that I can bring the old website back though, I still have it all, just no place to host it.

    I have to ask, how did you find this site?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google searching Marrock Volsung produces your twitter which forwards to the blog. Just checking up on an old acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I can think of only a few folks that would know this name that would also remember the old cab co. that would be named Dave...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was gonna ask if you wanted those faces still hanging on the old bulletin board...

    What the hell are you doing in mahwah?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Close. I live in the area... just trying to survive at this point. Always been in New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No shit... If I knew that I must have forgotten it.

    I've been here all my life, except for 11 months spent in south carolina and that six months I was in indiana, kinda miss that time sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. South Carolina is damn beautiful. I wouldn't mind living there if there were job prospects. I spent a month in Washington state a few years back. The cascade mountain range is a respectable sight to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *points up at the shoutbox on the right*

    ReplyDelete