Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thank you...

Here's one for the "Faith in Humanity Restored" file... I was recently forced to leave the place where I lived due to some personal issues and my inability to find work and wound up in a homeless shelter, and will most likely be in one for at least the next few months. After announcing this fact to the people of Rainbow Dash Network (http://rainbowdash.net/), a site I help moderate, these people, who are, for all intents and purposes, strangers to me, took it upon themselves to help me to the best of their abilities. With donations, advice, moral support, sending me little odds and ends I may need, and trying to help get me out of the bleak moods my situation gets me into quite often, they've done their level best to help me get back on my feet again. This site, full of complete strangers, gives more of a damn about me than the person I spent the last 12+ years of my life with... I lack the words to adequately express my gratitude to each and every one of them, they're just about the only thing that's getting me through a rather dark time in my life and I will be eternally thankful to them all. I've promised to pay them all back despite their protests to the contrary and I full intend to do so no matter how long it takes me. I just wanted to get this said, though it's a meager payment for all they've done and continue to do for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment