Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm taking in strays now...

Just recently I acquired a 1978 Peugeot UO8, this is currently the only pic I have of it but will add some more once the weather clears.


Found it on craigslist in the free section, of all places, someone was giving away this Peugeot, a Gitane frame I've yet to put a year to, and an old girl's huffy mountain bike frame.

So after finding the guy's place and dragging them home, I stripped the Huffy to fix my old Mt. Storm beater and then started in on the Peugeot, after a little research and a lot of help from Jim at Cycles Peugeot we got the year and model nailed down to a 1978 UO8 and I discovered that, aside from the missing shifters and dérailleurs, the bike was relatively intact.

It even has the original saddle and bartape on it...

It needs quite a bit of work, mainly cleaning and polishing as far as the frame is concerned, and there's a ugly kink in the front wheel along with a missing spoke or two.

The paint looks good aside from a bit of surface rust in spots and the decals are about 90% intact, and from a cursory examination the size looks right for me with just a couple minor adjustments to the saddle and bar angle.

I'm really looking forward to getting this 30 year-old veteran back on the road where it belongs.

Now, what to name it...

No comments:

Post a Comment