Monday, March 16, 2009

Apropos of absolutely nothing...

While in the midst of packing up my meager belongings for our recent move I discovered parts of various old collections.

Back in the day I used to collect things... comic books, certain flavors of collector cards, bits of shiny metal or brightly colored pieces of paper... basically just about anything that caught my eye.

While packing I found several binders of cards that I'd put together over the previous decade and while flipping through one containing a couple sets of Harley-Davidson cards I found this.



Now my first thought was "Damn, wish I had one of either of those bikes in decent shape", but then, after several minutes of looking at this my next thought was "What in the nine hells is going on with that seatpost?".


There's something odd going on there and I'm not entirely sure I want to know what it is.

That's pretty much all I have on this one.

1 comment:

  1. My Iver Johnson has a similar post, and they seem to have been pretty standard in the early years of the 20th Century. It is essentially a reverse version of a layback post, and allows one to move the seat fore and aft.

    If you look at the seat, itself, you'll see that sliding the clamp on the rails would not have offered much adjustment.

    ReplyDelete