Sunday, May 30, 2010

From the files of the Black Baron: Casefile #100529 - "Service... what's that?"

This will be a short post since I'm still having trouble believing it myself.

Just a bit of setup before the payoff...

The lab assistant and myself ventured forth to a local eatery called "McCobb's" that specializes in various sorts of deep-fried comestibles and a uniquely New Jersey invention called a Texas Wiener, of which the lab assistant wanted to get herself a couple of with onion rings and for myself I just wanted some fish & chips.

Upon arriving at the establishment we perused the menu to make sure our original choices were what we wanted before making our way to the counter to place the order where this exchange took place...

The lab assistant: "Are your onion rings battered or breaded?"

Counter Drone: *with a look of utter bewilderment on her face* "I'm not sure... What's the difference?"

Lab assistant and myself: "..." *stunned silence accompanied by staring at the counter drone*

Counter Drone: "I'll have to go ask the cook."

Lab assistant and myself: "..." *stunned silence accompanied by staring at the counter drone followed by mad laughter once the drone vanished into the kitchen*

I swear by all that is holy that I was literally unable to speak when she asked that, my brain had completely locked up under the sheer mass of stupidity hidden behind such a simple question.

I could weep for the future of this world if it would stop making me laugh at it so I could catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment