Friday, April 18, 2008

1972 Raleigh LTD-3

Update: To help save you some time, before you read this post go read this one.

Picked this one up the same time as the Motobécane & the Ross and from the same person.

I'm still debating the possibility of restoring it instead of just stripping it for parts.


By my reckoning it just needs tires, cables, and a good cleaning to be ridable.

Now is that a sexy set of forks or what?

It still has the original Raleigh Record tires on it too.



This is the sight that greeted me when I rubbed some of the grime off the hub.

If you look closely here you can see the date code stamped sideways on the hub casing.

And it turns out that the shifter wasn't broken as I originally thought, the shifter body was just sprung a bit and a few lovetaps with a rubber mallet and a block of wood set it to rights.

2 comments: